Tuesday, September 17, 2013

2 Years Later...

Don't you just hate it when authors make a two year jump into the future? Or when a blogger you were following disappears for two years?
I don't know if I shall continue updating this regularly again, as what I usually do here is review movies and comics, with which I'm very out of practice.
Maybe I'll get started on reviewing superhero movies again when Thor the Dark World comes out in November.

For now, how about a review of an issue of Superior Spider-Man comic? Normally I don't bother with the Doctor Octopus version of Spidey, but a certain other version of the wall-crawler made me want to pick this up.

Superior Spider-Man #17

• HE’S BACK...BECAUSE YOU (LOUDLY) DEMANDED IT! THE RETURN OF SPIDEY 2099! • (and an Osborn you have not seen in a while) 

Price: $3.99

Review:  Okay, so I had no clue who Spider-Man 2099 was until a few years back when my brother bought the Shattered Dimensions video game.
Anyway, this issue starts with Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man of tomorrow) having his timeline broken by something that happened in the "heroic age" aka modern Marvel comics. And here's the great part! His timeline is being erased by the Superior Spider-Man killing off Miguel's grandfather! (Is there any old pal of Parker's that Octavius isn't going to tick-off?) And so the comic sets our two heroes up for a clash ending the comic until next month.
It was pretty easy to follow despite my lack of knowledge on the current happenings of the title and Miguel's timeline is kinda explained quickly as the story progresses. All in all, a nice set up that will cause me to pick up #18 when it comes out, even if it is just because I hope that Miguel will clean "Parker's" clock.

Remember 2099 fans,
Marvel does these sort of crossovers to see if readers would support a character. Buying Superior Spider-Man now will let them know that you want to see O'Hara again.
Thanks for reading. Excelsior!

No comments: